Join The Team
Moonfarmer is always open to growing our crew. If you love collaborating, innovating, and learning, then we want to hear from you. We work daily with the latest emerging technologies, and we invite you to come learn with us. Share your knowledge as we learn together and and develop our internal practice. Whether you are a designer, developer, or have some other skill that you think would be useful to us, please reach out.
We look forward to meeting you. To learn more about the tools we use please visit our tools page.
Moonfarmer is looking for a full time UX Designer to join the team. If you love collaborating, innovating, and learning, then we want to hear from you. The ideal candidate has a solid background in both user experience and visual design, as well as a working knowledge of implementation.
- Familiarity with industry standard design tools, such as the Adobe Creative Suite and Sketch
- Experience creating clear and informative wireframes based on technical specifications
- Familiarity with prototyping software, such as InVision or Marvel
- Familiarity with creating information architecture charts
- 2 years UX Design experience
- Familiarity with Design and Implementation
- Familiarity with Atomic Design and human centered design
- Studio/Agile Experience
- Comfort with git and the command line
288 Wall Street
Kingston, NY 12401
Send us a link to your portfolio with examples of apps and/or websites you have designed with your process outlined to email@example.com. We like to see sketches and wireframes that go to the finished product! Please also include a cover letter and resume. We look forward to meeting you.
Moonfarmer is looking for a WordPress / PHP Developer to join our team. If you love collaborating, innovating, and learning, then we want to hear from you. The ideal candidate will have a core focus in WordPress development with a secondary background in custom software development in PHP or other languages and frameworks.
This role will primary have responsibility over development of customized WordPress websites for our customers through planning and implementing the backend development of these sites, preparing themes and templates for front-end implementation, and working with the overall team on executing project requirements.
Moonfarmer is primarily a custom development consultancy, and we actively use WordPress in the development of broader project goals. As such you will have exposure to the use of React.JS and Node as consumers of the WP-JSON API, as well as occasion to touch, implement or utilize other technologies in the execution of projects. Additionally Moonfarmer has general purpose software consulting requirements, and a grounding in PHP development as its own discipline will be helpful in bolstering our overall teams capabilities.
In addition to WordPress development Moonfarmer works day to day with Node, Ruby, Go and occasionally other technologies in the execution of our projects. We also have a heavy focus across our project line in React development. Familiarity or a desire for exposure and willingness to learn these specific technologies is a plus.
Requirements / Primary Skills:
- 2+ years (Junior) 5+ years (Senior) background in custom WordPress development:
- Custom post type implementation
- Theme development
- Development of custom administration modules
- and customization and configuration of the WP JSON API.
- Familiarity with HTML, CSS, and JS - in our organization most design implementation will be handled by front-end specialists. These requirements are to support these specialists in their work.
- Expert familiarity with version control using Git.
- Experience in custom PHP development using Laravel, Symphony or another modern PHP framework.
Secondary Skills / Experience:
Familiarity with a secondary language, such as Ruby, Node, Python, etc. Moonfarmer uses a lot of Node and Ruby throughout it’s projects. Although this role specifically does not require this background, a passion for diversity in language expertise is a plus.
Design implementation in HTML/CSS/JS - although this role does not include design implementation in its overall scope, having these skills, or even skills as a designer is a plus.
288 Wall Street
Kingston, NY 12401
Send us a link to your portfolio with examples of apps and/or websites you have designed with your process outlined. We like to see sketches and wireframes that go to the finished product! Please also include a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to meeting you.
For more information contact us, or send your resume to email@example.com