Join The Team
Moonfarmer is always open to growing our crew. If you love collaborating, innovating, and learning, then we want to hear from you. We work daily with the latest emerging technologies, and we invite you to come learn with us. Share your knowledge as we learn together and and develop our internal practice. Whether you are a designer, developer, or have some other skill that you think would be useful to us, please reach out.
We look forward to meeting you. To learn more about the tools we use please visit our tools page.
Moonfarmer is looking for a DevOps engineer to take on the responsibility of the day-to-day and smooth operation of various digital projects, site launches, content management, online tools, web applications and advertising campaigns. The ideal candidate is someone with experience in both Development and Systems Operations. The DevOps team will be developing automated solutions for operations including: monitoring and performance, Infrastructure as Code, CI/CD Pipelines and creating hosting environments for various projects.
This position is open to junior level candidates as well as more seasoned professionals - we’re looking for a good fit for our team, and will train you if we think you have potential and are a good fit.
- Design, develop, and implement software integrations based on user feedback.
- Troubleshoot production issues and coordinate with the development team to streamline code deployment.
- Implement automation tools and frameworks (CI/CD pipelines).
- Collaborate with team members to improve the company’s engineering tools, systems and procedures, and data security.
- Optimize the company’s computing architecture.
- Conduct systems tests for security, performance, and availability.
- Develop and maintain design and troubleshooting documentation.
Skills Desired or Required
- Infrastructure as Code Experience ( Ansible, Chef, Puppet )
- Scripting Language Knowledge ( Bash, Python, Ruby )
- Experienced with Version Control Software ( Git )
- Have worked with Databases and SQL ( MySQL, MongoDB, etc )
- Knowledge of Systems and Infrastructure, especially in a Unix Environment.
- Continuous Integration Experience ( Cloud Build, Jenkins, etc )
- Container Concepts ( Docker )
- Orchestration ( Kubernetes, Swarm )
- Cloud ( AWS, GCP )
288 Wall Street
Kingston, NY 12401
If you have it, send us a link to your GitHub along with a cover letter and resume through our hiring platform. We look forward to meeting you.
Director of Production & Development
Moonfarmer is looking to fill the position of Director of Production and Delivery. This is an exciting opportunity for a highly organized and motivated person looking for a new creative challenge in a fast-paced web/software development environment.
All members of the Production team are expected to be tech-savvy professionals with an in-depth understanding of Moonfarmer’s business goals. The Director of Production and Delivery should be methodical and have excellent communication and time management skills, and use them to collaborate effectively with various teams. Ultimately, the Director of Production and Delivery is responsible for resource management and project management functions; support of the planning and delivery of all digital services; strategically analyzing and improving billable utilization, capacity planning and forecasting, and project profitability; and continually reviewing and improving internal processes and tools, driving efficiency and business growth.
- To have a supervisory responsibility over work produced by the team
- To have a thorough understanding of the services across Moonfarmer and how they integrate
- To support the team members in achieving their client objectives through smooth and efficient delivery service
- To demonstrate a high level of interpersonal skills and gravitas
- To manage development resources effectively through personal coaching and to support them in achieving their objectives and overall career progression
- To take an active role in hiring, performance reviews, 1:1 meetings, team meetings, personal development plans, identifying training needs and performance management
- To ensure that the CEO and Director of Operations are involved with key issues, contractual changes, performance and development
- To drive the resource management and project management strategies with support from the CEO
- To be the escalation point for any resource and project delivery issues and to effectively resolve these as they arise
- To work with the Project Management team to maximize billable utilization and revenue, and to minimize non-billable utilization rates
- To report to the CEO and CFO a monthly financial reconciliation
- To produce, analyze and monitor capacity planning and forecasting data
- To partake in review and authorization of web development proposals
- To review post-project evaluations, to learn and share this knowledge with wider teams and strategically plan changes in improvement
- To manage weekly Project Management and Production meetings, monthly 1:1 meetings and quarterly summits
- To ensure efficient and consistent processes and documentation are defined, implemented and maintained
- To support business growth with clear focus on clients and employees as part of the senior management team
KPIs and reporting
- To analyze current and future capacity levels and, where any shortfalls occur, determine strategic actions to be taken
- To analyze project budgets and post-project accounting
- To provide monthly one-page report detailing insights and analysis to the management team
Best Practice and Organization
- To keep fully up-to-date with industry developments
- To identify, evaluate and share resources, tactics and techniques, freely sharing knowledge, insight, best practice and ideas across the organization
- To work closely with other core business functions to ensure they are kept up-to-speed with all relevant details to ensure a high quality and professional handover from new business development to production
- Agile Software Development
- Kanban Workflow Management
- Scrum master experience
288 Wall Street
Kingston, NY 12401
Please submit a cover letter and resume through our hiring platform. We look forward to meeting you.
For more information contact us, or send your resume to email@example.com