Join The Team
Moonfarmer is always open to growing our crew. If you love collaborating, innovating, and learning, then we want to hear from you. We work daily with the latest emerging technologies, and we invite you to come learn with us. Share your knowledge as we learn together and and develop our internal practice. Whether you are a designer, developer, or have some other skill that you think would be useful to us, please reach out.
We look forward to meeting you. To learn more about the tools we use please visit our tools page.
Moonfarmer is looking for a DevOps engineer to take on the responsibility of the day-to-day and smooth operation of various digital projects, site launches, content management, online tools, web applications and advertising campaigns. The ideal candidate is someone with experience in both Development and Systems Operations. The DevOps team will be developing automated solutions for operations including: monitoring and performance, Infrastructure as Code, CI/CD Pipelines and creating hosting environments for various projects.
This position is open to junior level candidates as well as more seasoned professionals - we’re looking for a good fit for our team, and will train you if we think you have potential and are a good fit.
- Design, develop, and implement software integrations based on user feedback.
- Troubleshoot production issues and coordinate with the development team to streamline code deployment.
- Implement automation tools and frameworks (CI/CD pipelines).
- Collaborate with team members to improve the company’s engineering tools, systems and procedures, and data security.
- Optimize the company’s computing architecture.
- Conduct systems tests for security, performance, and availability.
- Develop and maintain design and troubleshooting documentation.
Skills Desired or Required
- Infrastructure as Code Experience ( Ansible, Chef, Puppet )
- Scripting Language Knowledge ( Bash, Python, Ruby )
- Experienced with Version Control Software ( Git )
- Have worked with Databases and SQL ( MySQL, MongoDB, etc )
- Knowledge of Systems and Infrastructure, especially in a Unix Environment.
- Continuous Integration Experience ( Cloud Build, Jenkins, etc )
- Container Concepts ( Docker )
- Orchestration ( Kubernetes, Swarm )
- Cloud ( AWS, GCP )
288 Wall Street
Kingston, NY 12401
If you have it, send us a link to your GitHub along with a cover letter and resume through our hiring platform. We look forward to meeting you.
Moonfarmer is looking for a Senior Developer with experience in PHP. The ideal candidate is expected to be a tech-savvy professional with an in-depth understanding of the tools and technologies required for the project work. Additionally the role requires leading project launches and updates to existing published projects.
- list text hereTo scope project requirements and estimate time for specific tasks.
- list text hereTo accurately track time against appropriate project tickets.
- To ensure project managers are aware of progress and blockers.
- To collaborate with colleagues.
- Document production work both in code comments and through company documentation databases.
- Command of at least three technologies required for Moonfarmer’s typical projects.
- Handle or direct maintenance for legacy projects when appropriate
- To seek opportunities for improvement and suggest new process to support business objectives
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- At least 5 years experience developing for back end focused web development.
- Experience developing for content management systems (primarily WordPress) is a plus.
- Experience with Symfony and / or Laravel (PHP) frameworks
- Experience with WordPress APIs, including the WP REST API, writing plugins and themes.
- Intermediate or expert skills in PHP
- Basic or intermediate experience in HTML, CSS and Frontend Development
- Understanding of SEO and Google Analytics.
- Experience using git and the command line interface.
- Strong debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to communicate with clients and partners.
- Mentor engineers and provide code reviews.
Nice to Have
- Experience with Amazon Web Services and Google Cloud Services.
- Experience with Node.js
- Ansible, Kubernetes
- Docker, Vagrant and Virtualization Environments
- Advanced Experience in HTML, CSS and Frontend Development
- Experience with other standard languages such as Ruby, Python or more exotic languages such as Golang or Rust
Please submit your cover letter, resume, and GitHub link or code samples through our hiring platform. We look forward to meeting you.
For more information contact us, or send your resume to email@example.com